Phillips University, Inc. is accepting new Seminary applications
Phillips University Legacy Foundation is accepting new applications!
Join the movement and give. Share the news using the power of social media!
No events scheduled…
Phillips University Legacy Foundation is Hiring a Director of Development
The Director of Development (DOD) will be responsible for organizing the fundraising activities for Phillips University Legacy Foundation (PULF). The DOD will be primarily responsible for the implementation of the development plan, focusing on major gift solicitation, endowment building, end-of-life gifts, and planned giving. The DOD will work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors primarily through the Development Committee.
- Must embrace the mission of PULF.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of fund-raising techniques. Related skills can include communications, marketing and public relations.
- Experience with major gifts and bequest fund-raising preferred.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate alumni and friends of Phillips University as well as current and past donors.
- Have strong self-starter skills to initiate donor and fundraising calls, primarily through personal contact, but also phone calls and electronic means.
- Have the ability to travel by car, plane, train and other means to have meaningful face-to-face visits with donors and prospects. Access to a major airport is preferred.
- Contact current and prospective donors to PULF to establish effective communication with them.
- Develop specific giving plans based on demographics and donor research.
- Raise money for both current scholarship and operating needs, as well as money to be added to endowments and permanent funds by securing current gifts and end-of-life intentions based on the donors’ interests.
Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Preference given to persons who are alumni, former students or friends of Phillips University.
The position has funding for two years. Extension of the position will be determined by the board of directors prior to the end of the initial two-year period.
Please apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled.
Phillips University, Inc.
Seminary Scholarship Application Available for 2017-2018
ENID, OK February 14, 2017 — Phillips University, Inc. (PU) is pleased to offer a Seminary scholarship program to full-time, first year students who are pursuing a Masters of Divinity degree, are committed to pastoral ministry and will attend one of the following Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliated seminaries:
- Brite Divinity School – Ft. Worth, TX
- Christian Theological Seminary – Indianapolis, IN
- Disciples Divinity House at Vanderbilt – Nashville, TN
- Disciples Divinity House of the University of Chicago – Chicago, IL
- Disciples Seminary Foundation
- Claremont School of Theology – Claremont, CA
- Pacific School of Religion – Berkeley, CA
- San Francisco Theological Seminary – San Anselmo, CA
- Seattle University School of Theology & Ministry – Seattle, WA
- Lexington Theological Seminary – Lexington, KY
- Phillips Theological Seminary – Tulsa, OK
The purpose of this program is to perpetuate the mission and the legacy of Phillips University by helping educate people who will be future ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
“With the opening of Phillips University in 1907, PU took on an important role in the foundation and education of Christian ministers,” said Kelly Coker, Vice-President. Coker continued, “Phillips University, Inc. is happy that, even without a campus, we are able to continue to influence the lives of not only the clergy of tomorrow, but also the lives of the countless people they will touch through their future ministries. We feel blessed to be able to help these remarkable Divinity scholars in their quests to learn more from God while attending these amazing institutions.”
For more information about the Phillips University, Inc. Seminary Scholarship Program, please contact Tamela Harsha, Scholarship Administrator, at (580) 237-4433 or email email@example.com. Applications can be accessed online at www.phillips.edu/applications. All applications must be mailed to Phillips University, Inc., PO Box 2127, Enid, OK 73702 and received no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
Phillips University Legacy Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship and Leadership Development Program Application Available for 2017-2018
ENID, OK January 20, 2017 — Phillips University Legacy Foundation is pleased to announce it is accepting new applications for its Undergraduate Scholarship and Leadership Development Program for the 2017-2018 academic year. The mission of the Phillips University Legacy Foundation is to follow the tradition of Phillips University by providing scholarships and opportunities to educate and develop leaders who embody Christian values in their lives, service and work. The program is available to incoming full-time freshman as well as college sophomores, juniors and seniors pursuing a liberal arts education. Since 2002, the Phillips University Legacy Foundation has awarded over $1.3 million in scholarships to 154 scholarship recipients and administered 15 Leadership Development Conferences. These recipients, known as Phillips Legacy Scholars, have completed over 400 Volunteer Service Projects.
The Phillips University Legacy Scholars program influences talented young people by acknowledging and nurturing their dreams, cultivating their talent, and providing leadership development and scholarship funds to ensure they can attend the colleges and universities currently or historically affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Legacy Scholars, among the brightest, most promising young people attending these 17 fine institutions, are awarded entrance into the unique program based on their academic achievements as well as present and potential leadership in their school, church and community. A network of resources is provided teaching the essence of the Phillips tradition of self-realization, potential as a human being and servant leader. It is not a requirement that recipients attend a church that is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
For more information or to apply for the Phillips University Legacy Foundation’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Leadership Development Program, please contact Tamela Harsha, Scholarship Administrator, at 580.237.4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be accessed online at www.pulf.org/scholarshipforms. The application deadline is Friday, March 10, 2017.
If you would like to help support the Phillips University Legacy Scholarship and Leadership Development Program, please contact Kelly Coker, Executive Director, at 580.237.4433 or email email@example.com. You can also give securely online at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/pulf. Phillips University Legacy Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization.