Phillips University Legacy Foundation is accepting new applications!
Join the movement and give. Share the news using the power of social media!
Phillips University Legacy Scholars for 2016-2017
No events scheduled…
Application will be available online February 15, 2017
Phillips University, Inc. is pleased to offer a merit based scholarship for first year seminary students who are pursuing a Masters of Divinity degree, are committed to pastoral ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and will attend one of the following Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) affiliated seminaries:
- Brite Divinity School
- Christian Theological Seminary
- Disciples Divinity House at Vanderbilt
- Disciples Divinity House of the University of Chicago
- Disciples Seminary Foundation
- Claremont School of Theology
- Pacific School of Religion
- San Francisco Theological Seminary
- Seattle University School of Theology & Ministry
- Lexington Theological Seminary
- Phillips Theological Seminary
The purpose of this program is to perpetuate the mission and the legacy of Phillips University by helping educate people who will be future ministers of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
The application submission deadline is April 28, 2017 and notification of selection will be e-mailed no later than June 1, 2017. The scholarship is merit based and can be renewed annually. Applicants must be enrolling full-time at the seminary for the 2017-2018 academic year; have attained an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; and have received an undergraduate degree from one of the following colleges or universities that are currently affiliated or historically affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ):
- Barton College – Wilson, NC
- Bethany College – Bethany, WV
- Chapman University – Orange, CA
- Columbia College – Columbia, MO
- Culver-Stockton College – Canton, MO
- Drake University – Des Moines, IA
- Drury University – Springfield, MO
- Eureka College – Eureka, IL
- Hiram College – Hiram, OH
- Jarvis Christian College – Hawkins, TX
- Lynchburg College – Lynchburg, VA
- Midway University – Midway, KY
- Northwest Christian College – Eugene, OR
- Texas Christian University – Fort Worth, TX
- Tougaloo College – Tougaloo, MS
- Transylvania University – Lexington, KY
- William Woods University – Fulton, MO
The scholarship can be applied to tuition, books, room and board and similar educational expenses incurred within the seminary.
Application will be online February 15, 2017.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Tamela Harsha, Scholarship Administrator
Phillips University, Inc.
PO Box 2127
Enid, OK 73702-2127
Phone (580) 237-4433