November 09, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Phillips University Family News
November 2014 Phillips University Trivia Contest
December 10, 2014
The answers to the following questions could be found in the "In Reverence We Stand" book and/or at www.pulf.org.
1. How many times are the words "Alma Mater" sung in the Phillips University Alma Mater? 4
2. Which 1925 formed club had the goal of promoting school spirit, loyalty, and pep as well as to emphasize attendance at all university activities?
3. Which building came first, Old Main or the Marshall Building? Old Main
4. In 1929, what organization was formed for students and staff of the library? "The right book to the right person at the right time and in the right spirit," was the motto.
Knights of Knowledge
5. An all-male pep club known as - the Triple R - was formed in or around 1925. Its members wore bright red shirts and white bow ties. What did RRR stand for?
Rip Roaring Rooters
Thank you to everyone that participated. If you are not receiving the Trivia Contest and Phillips Legacy Column but would like to, please send your email address to email@example.com.