November 09, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Phillips University Family News
December 2014 Phillips University Trivia Contest
December 29, 2014
Below are the answers to the December 2014 Trivia Contest. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!
1. When Little Hay was accepted as the official mascot, two tame skunks were acquired from a breeding farm in Iowa. They were kept in the garage of the president's home and were escorted to all university athletic events. What were the names of the two skunks? Lil' Phil and Lil' Hay
2. This public service minded club was founded in 1940. Members coordinated Easter egg hunts at Booker T. Washington School in Enid, raised money for food drives, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Habitat for Humanity, and helped freshmen move into university dorms. For social activities, they hosted an all-school formal, a lil' bro and lil' sis party, and October Fest. Name this club.
3. The Varsity Club formed in 1939, and began each fall semester with an event called the Boxer Rebellion. They worked together for the Four Pillars of the club. Name the Four Pillars of this club. Scholarship, service, fellowship, and unity
4. Which club had the following scriptural foundation? Luke 2:52 - "And Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man."
5. This club was organized at Phillips in 1926 and celebrated many Native American ideas. In 1993, the club co-sponsored a new service project for the Enid public school system - School and Family Enrichment (S.A.F.E.). Name this club.
The Zonta Club
Thank you to everyone that participated. If you are not receiving the Trivia Contest and Phillips Legacy Column but would like to, please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.