No events scheduled…
Phillips University Family News
March 2015 Phillips University Trivia Contest
April 08, 2015
Below are the answers to the March 2015 Trivia Contest.
1. How many Legacy Scholar Seniors are there this academic year? Five (Sabrie E. Howell, Effie A. Husbands, Emily K. Martin, Rachel L. Rebagay, and Amanda R. Talock)
2. Which Legacy Scholar holds the award title, Connie Speer Cravens Scholar? Connie (Class of 1973) was instrumental in starting both the Phillips University Legacy Foundation and the Phillips University Alumni and Friends Association. She believed strongly in the Legacy Scholar Scholarship and Leadership Development Program so the Phillips University Legacy can live on in future generations.
Rachel L. Rebagay.
3. Which two Legacy Scholars are First Year Legacy Scholars, attend the same university and are brother and sister? Daniel C. and Emily K. Martin
4. Which college/university has the most currently enrolled Legacy Scholars?
Texas Christian University
5. Which two First Year Legacy Scholars attend separate colleges and are twins? Their mother, Victoria, graduated from Phillips in 1981 with a Bachelor of Music Therapy/Music Education. At Phillips she met her future husband, Nikolaus, who was an exchange student from Sweden in the Fall of 1978. Phillips University brought these two together and the Legacy lives on through the twin Legacy Scholars. This is such a great story!
Alexander J. and Johan A.L. EnglÚn
Thank you to everyone that participated. If you are not receiving the Trivia Contest and Phillips Legacy Column but would like to, please send your email address to email@example.com.