November 12, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Phillips University Family News
May Trivia Contest Answers
May 31, 2010
1. Who was your favorite professor at Phillips? (This is a freebie!)
Those that received the most votes were:
2. Name two buildings that were on campus.
Some of the answers we received were:
Marshall Building, Zollars Library, Briggs Auditorium, Earl Butts Dorm, Clay Hall, Mabee Center, Gantz Center, Blivens Chapel and Athenian Hall.
3. What year did PU open?
Oklahoma Christian University was founded in 1906, opened their doors in 1907 and was renamed Phillips University in 1914.
4. What does the acronym PUAFA stand for?
Phillips University Alumni and Friends Association
5. Who was the longest serving President of Phillips University from 1938-1961?
Dr. Eugene Briggs
6. How many times are the words "Alma Mater" sang in the Phillips University Alma Mater?
7. Name three social service clubs.
Some of the clubs were:
Varsity, Camelot, Gridiron, Zonta, Tenth Muse, Comets, Red Peppers, and the Harvesters.
Look for the next PU trivia contest in your inbox on Friday, June 11th!